Another month has passed so fast – doesn’t it feel almost like yesterday when it was January 2015? And now July is over, so here’s my monthly summary of what has been going on here on the site.
First off, there’s an all-new archive! Frequent visitors probably already saw that there’s a new, single “Archive” page – the sole entry point into browsing all photos (now over 2300!) on my site. This is done via a tag-cloud that is composed of the image keywords. Adding descriptive keywords to the images on the site is an ongoing (neverending;-) task but most images should have at least a set of basic keywords by now. Have a look!
Also, I’ve been working more with local businesses and clients, something that always gives me the most satisfaction. For example, some of my photos will decorate the walls of a new health center here in San Diego’s North County soon, and I’m pretty stoked about that as you can imagine. :-D
We had some rather unusual weather in San Diego in July, but my photographic activities were limited to some outings to the coast and nearby chaparral hills. I didn’t really take advantage of the crazy weather otherwise – moving somehow drained my energy a little bit and dampened my motivation to get out and hike in the back country. ;-)
Maybe I’ll get another chance in August, if another tropical hurricane like “Dolores” doesn’t dissipate over the ocean and makes it all the way inland? With the warm ocean temperatures and the rumored strong El Nino, one can hope…
Last not least, here’s the run-down of portfolio additions and archive blog posts. Clearly not as productive as I had hoped to be (at least not visibly productive – keywording the older images is rather time consuming, and it’s only visible when you visit the archive page and browse a little bit), but it has been a good month, nevertheless. Still a TON of catching up to do…
- Wandering through the fog (monochrome): A Place to Think
- Dream Oak Variations: IIIa and IIIb
- Tree Abstracts & Close-ups: Deadwood 1
- Desert Landscapes (color): A Land Untamed (color version)
- Coastal Close-Ups: Natural Carvings
Blog archive additions
- Seascape: Humboldt Lagoons (8 photos, bw, September 2013)
- Germany/Austria: Hohenzollern Castle (4 photos, color, June 2014), Stroll around Burghausen (14 photos, May 2010), Chasing Waterfalls (13 photos, color, July 2009)
- Landscape: Pamo Valley (3 photos, color, November 2012), Monsoonal Cottonwood Variations (3 photos, bw, August 2014)
- Mountains: Dry Lake Hike (12 photos, July 2011), Hiking L’Ofre (9 photos, September 2008)
- Small Sets: Deadwood (color triptych, July 2011)
And that’s it for this month. See you around!
Stay up to date with my blogposts and subscribe via email. It’s easy and you’ll never receive more than one post per day.
All images and content © by Alexander S. Kunz, unless otherwise noted. No re-use without express written permission. Most images are available as prints and for commercial licensing. Please contact me if you’re interested. Prints and licensed images are NOT watermarked, of course.
Strictly non-commercial usage (ie. no monetization through ads, referral systems etc.) on private blogs and websites is allowed if proper credit and a back-link are provided in the form of “Photo by Alexander S. Kunz – www.alex-kunz.com“. Thanks!